Five Principles To Live By
1. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. This is the modern language version of the biblical dictum: Love thy neighbor as you love thyself. We are a human family and our neighbors live close-by; and in other lands.
2. Don’t deceive yourself and don’t deceive others. In other words, to thine own self be true.
3. Seek guidance and wisdom. And if you receive guidance, don’t reject it out of hand without at least trying to understand it and implement it. We should never be so smug as to think that we know better than others. Our minds work best if they remain open. But be sure to challenge what is being peddled as right, proper, truthful, and prudent.
4. Stay active. A healthy mind in a healthy body requires that we continue to exercise both. There is no stage in life at which we can say, OK, I did my share; or I did my part. If you do not test your mind and your muscles, they both begin to atrophy.
5. Be yourself. But know who you are; and make an effort to improve yourself. Do your best and be honest with yourself about the trying.
Thank you for sharing these 5 Principles to live by. They are very familiar to me although I think I could be better at number 4!
Love all your adventures, they are very unique!
Happy 45th Anniversary!!!!!
Thank you, Christine. Although I don't like to be preachy, when the request was to list some of the principles we ourselves live by, that puts an entirely different spin on things.